NOW is the time!
Well, you have decided NOW is the time to get back into an exercise routine. You think you have found a place to work out (Get emPowered Fitness Studio), but you don’t feel completely comfortable with going in yet. Why? Because it is hard to do new things by yourself, especially exercise.
Here are a few reasons you should exercise with a friend:
- It’s more fun!
- You can build new relationships and friendships because you are more confident
- You are more likely to stay committed if you and your friend keep each other accountable
- You are more likely to reach your goals because you stay committed
- You’ll work harder with someone else around because you are more motivated
- It is definitely safer
So, here is what you do. You contact a group of your friends to see if any of them would be interested in exercising with you. Attending an exercise class as a group would be great fun and much less intimidating than by yourself. We know you have at least one friend who will jump on board with you!
Group fitness classes are a great place to start your fitness journey. Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s great for your social mental health
- It helps keep you motivated and inspired during the workout
- The instructor can guide you to proper form to prevent injury
- It creates variety in your workouts to prevent boredom or overuse injuries
- You become part of a community which keeps you accountable
- It helps you explore movement you find fun and enjoyable
At Get emPowered Fitness Studio we strive to make everyone feel welcome whether they come in alone or with a group. We teach a progressive level teaching style to meet the needs of everyone from beginner to athlete. We encourage everyone to work that their own pace and honor their bodies, since we all have different abilities. Our goal is to help you succeed in reaching your goals. WE like to work out with friends too!
To help you and your friends get started, we are hosting a week-long event called Friends and Family Week. It will run Sept 11-16. Anyone is welcome to join our current emPeeps in as many classes as they want all week for FREE. Yes, FREE! This is a wonderful opportunity to check out all our classes, experience our philosophy and meet some new friends. Check out our schedule of classes on our website getempoweredfitness.net. You don’t need to sign up or bring any equipment with you. All you need is your body and some water. Come alone or bring a friend or two! No excuses. THE TIME IS NOW!